Why Your Business Should Invest Into Direct Mail

Like any good entrepreneur, I’m always thinking of ways that I can develop and grow our businesses and brands. One of the best marketing strategies does not occur in the digital world. Each week, one of my companies sends out over 1,000 pieces of direct mail. We have an excellent response rate, even with a younger demographic target audience.

Think about it; people are deluged with emails, social media posts and instant messaging. In the digital world, it’s a novelty to receive a great piece of direct response material in the mail. However, there are a few differences in what we do in our direct mail than what was done in the old school days.

  • We experiment with all types of colorful pieces.
  • We rarely send any letter.
  • The pieces are always vibrant with images and very little copy.

There are a couple of reasons why your business should consider direct response to prospect and grow your business.

  • Response Rate: Last year, Compu-mail noted, “Direct mail household response rate is 5.1% (compared to.6% email,.6% paid search,.2 online display,.4% social media). This is the highest response rate the DMA has ever reported, since coming out with the Response Rate Report in 2003.
  • Personalization: When your prospects receive mail (not including bills), particularly those who are of Generation X or older, there is a familiar feeling. The older generations still like to receive something in the mail with their names on it. They can touch the piece, and there’s something novel about it in today’s world.
  • Generational Myth: Believe it or not, a sizable portion of Millennials also like direct response because it’s something they too can touch and hold. According to a Forbes article, 36 percent of people under the age of 30 like to check their mailboxes, and 95 percent of those between the ages of 18 and 29 have a favorable view of mail, such as personalized cards.
  • QR Codes and PURLs: Companies have been experimenting with testing QR and PURLs (personal URLs), which redirects a person who receives a piece of mail back into the digital age. Since most people now have a smartphone, these codes can be scanned by the target audience for more information.
  • Messaging: If you’re doing a particular project or sale, consider using direct mail to bolster the urgency. My team and I have gotten high response rates to direct mail pieces that have had a deadline to partner with our companies. One of the key reasons we have seen this work is because with all of the emails people receive, lots of times they are dismissing this form of communication quickly just to get through their email box.
  • Multi-channel Marketing: Direct response is an excellent way to support your digital marketing efforts. We know that people have to see your brand and logo multiple times for it to begin to “stick” in their minds. Direct mail helps reinforce your brand’s digital efforts. Prospects not only see you in the digital world but also in the “real world.”
  • Testing: Direct mail provides your business with an opportunity to test another method for reaching out to your prospects. We’ve tested direct response with high-level prospects in our target audience, and the new accounts we’ve obtained has paid for the mailing expenses
  • Easy Analytics: Direct mail results are straightforward to understand. You don’t need to have anyone on your team sign-into a digital platform to pull a report for you. Direct response provides you an easy way to see how much you spent against the amount of new business you achieved.
  • Credibility: Direct mail, because it’s familiar and tactile, gives the recipients an automatic sense of your credibility. We live in a world of “fake news” and raging social media debates about content in the digital space that is authentic and real. Direct response cuts through the noise and instantly gives credibility because of the investment and its familiarity.
  • Creativity: Direct response is an excellent way to experiment with color, size, shape and different packaging for your pieces. Sophisticated marketers are experimenting with many different types of mailings to stand out from a regular sized and traditional letter and envelope, which encourages people to look at the piece.

The Data & Marketing Association (DMA) has reported that direct mail has declined. However, in a digital world where people are inundated with massive amounts of content, direct mail stands out as a creative way to cut through the noise. At the very least, direct mail is an excellent complement your digital efforts, and at best, it’s a great way to obtain new business.

How To Find The IP Address Of Your Google Mail And Yahoo Mail?

About the importance of Email, it is in everyone’s knowledge the role it plays in our daily life. Imagine a world where there is no tool like Email. It would be horrifying and painstaking job to communicate what we do, presently with a simple click.

We all understand the utility factor attached to the Email. It is one of the fastest, reliable and personalized modes of communication. But it has been found very few understand the nuts and bolts of this communication. We merely compose, or attached what we want to communicate and send it. That’s what it has been found.

At this time when Email is progressively used for business and for many purposes, not to mention it is being used for phishing and other malicious intentions. It is of utmost priority to understand the other “messages” besides what has been sent or received by you.

Every email comes with a “Header” which is one part of an e-mail structure; call it DNA of the mail. It carries the basic fundamental information such as from whom the email comes, to whom it is addressed, date/time it was sent and the subject of the email. It is similar to an electronic postSeptemberk. Moreover, it also carries other detailed information which we usually don’t see.

This basic information comes in all brief/basic headers that most email programs automatically shows. This detail technical information can be viewed in a full header. All email programs can be set to show only brief header or full header and it is up to the users to set the program whether to view only “brief header” or “full header”.

Full header carries the information of the mail server’s name that the email passed through on its way to the recipient, and sender’s IP address and even the name of the email program and its version used.

Knowledge of this information is essential for analysis and investigation purposes on cases involving email abuse, spamming, harassment, forgeries and mail-bombing. It is worth mentioning, understanding of this tool would definitely help people to counter these attacks, and save themselves from unwarranted consequences. Well, this information could not be found in a brief header.

Here we will take the case of Google mail and Yahoo mail to find out the full header.

Google Mail.

Using your id/password, login to Gmail.

Open the mail for which you wish to find the full header of the sender.

Click on the inverted triangle placed just next to Reply.

You will get something like this…

Date: Tue, 12 September 2007 15:11:45 -0800 (PST)

From: Mr Jones

Subject: Hello

To: Mr Rakesh

In the example, headers are added to the message three times:

1. When Mr. Jones composes the email

Date: Tue, 12 September 2007 15:11:45 -0800 (PST)

From: Mr Jones

To: Mr Rakesh

2. When the email is sent through the servers of Mr. Jones’ email provider, mail.emailprovider.com

3.When the message transfers from Mr. Jones’ email provider to Mr. Rakesh’s Gmail account

Below is a description of each section of the email header:

The email address the message will be delivered to.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:47 -0800 (PST)

The time the message reached Gmail’s servers.

The address from which the message was sent.

(mail.emailprovider.com [111.111.11.111])

by mx.gmail.com with SMTP id h19si826631rnb.2005.03.29.15.11.46;

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:47 -0800 (PST)

The message was received from mail.emailprovider.com, by a Gmail server on March 29, 2005 at approximately 3 pm.

A unique number assigned by mail.emailprovider.com to identify the message.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:45 PST

Mr. Jones used an email composition program to write the message, and it was then received by the email servers of mail.emailprovider.com.

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:11:45 -0800 (PST)

From: Mr Jones

To: Mr Rakesh

The date, sender, subject, and destination — Mr. Jones entered this information (except for the date) when he composed the email.

And for IP, look for Received:from followed by the IP within square brackets [ ] e.g.

Also importantly, there are times when you might find multiple Received: from entries, in that case, please select the last one as the valid choice.

Yahoo Mail… Read

Move Your Assets Cheaply – How The Rich Stay Rich With Registered Mail

As an educated precious metals investor, I am often asked about my methods for securing such lucrative items. Specifically, those who approach me are interested in how I make a business with a product (precious metals) that can be easily stolen and melted down. In the old days, a lock box, stagecoach and armed guard wasn’t enough. Nowadays, hiring an armored truck is a pricey option reserved for businesses or the filthy rich. Surely I must spend a fortune transporting gold and silver coins across the country.

What I tell them strikes a response I always enjoy seeing. I nod my head and say: “Actually I transport my gold and silver the same way the Hope Diamond was shipped.” That’s the diamond worth over $200 Million. Seriously. Then, of course, I spend the next few minutes explaining how the Hope Diamond was donated and transported from New York City to Washington D.C. in 1958. The total shipping charge was $145.29 and only $2.44 was for postage, the rest was for insurance.

Sure, that was over 50 years ago, but the reality is this shipping method is still available. And available to everyone. Few people seem to realize that they have access to such a secure form of shipping.

Where is it available? Your local post office. That’s right, the Hope Diamond was shipped via registered mail by the United States Postal Service. Registered Mail is one of the most secure shipping methods available to the public, yet only a handful of people know much about it.

That’s what brings me here, writing this article to share my method. It’s really not a secret, it just seems to have been lost as general knowledge over the years. The postal service has been around for over 200 years. They have developed a time-tested method for transporting items securely. Registered Mail implements a chain of custody that requires an act of God to break without someone knowing who broke it. For starters, items shipped are protected by safes, cages, sealed containers, locks and keys. It’s easy to complain about the price of stamps going up, but the USPS has a monopoly on offering safe, secure, insured transportation.

I am honestly more leery of the people around me in line than when I actually hand over my box of gold and silver coins at the post office. I have shipped hundreds of boxes of precious metals over the years and I have yet to be disappointed. Registered mail sometimes takes longer than standard shipping, but that’s because of the added accountability at each step. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who comes in contact with my box of precious metals is documented and accounted for.

The cost is minimal for the service offered. Still, it would be nice to tell people I have a private armored truck or mob ties that make me untouchable. The only reason I can think of for why more people don’t know the secret about registered mail is because it is a steal of a deal. If everyone started using it, I doubt the Postal Service could keep up without taking a loss.

Not my problem though, so the secret is out. I have been buying and selling precious metals: mostly gold and silver coins, in bulk for years now. It is a feeling of empowerment to open a simple cardboard box and reveal the shiny treasure inside. My precious metals retirement account makes me rich in the long run but doesn’t let me see my treasure until I retire. I think the feeling of opening a treasure box is what keeps me in this business.

Exit mobile version